1. Choose the most suitable answer A, b, c, d, or e.
1. — What’s my job? —
A) You is student. b) You’re student. c) You’re an engineer.
D) You are engineer. e) Yes.
2. — Where are you now? —
A) Fine, thanks! b) A student. c) I’m in a classroom.
D) I’m Sao Paulo.
3. — How are you?
A) 23 years.
E) I’m Andrew.
B) In a school.
C) A fine.
D) I’m fine.
E) Not now.
4. — Are you from Japan?
A) Yes, I’m.
E) No, I’re not.
5. — Is John single?
A) Yes, it is.
B) No, I am not.
C) Thank you! d) No, I are not.
B) No, it isn’t. c) No, John is away.
D) No, John is with a friend. e)Yes, he is.
6. I have got one brother and three
7. I have cats and you have dogs. These are my cats and those are
B) girls c) sisters d) women e) woman
8. 10 + 4 is
9. — Have you got
C) forty children? —
E) forteen Yes, we’ve got two. e) a
10. — What’s she like? —
A) She likes chocolate.
11. — What colour are Sue’s eyes? —
A) Red. b) Yellow. c) Brown.
12. Today is Monday! Mondays.
A) I like not b) I not like c) I doesn’t like
D) I am not like e) I don’t like
13. — Do they live in Sao Paulo? —
A) Yes they live. b) Yes, they do. c) No, they live not. d) No, they do live. e) Yes, they are.
14. — What time is it? — It’s 1:20. So, it’s. a) one and twenty b) twenty to one c) one to twenty d) one past twenty e) twenty past one
B) She’s pretty.
C) Yes, she likes.
E) She’s like!
B) I not like
A) John’s keys d) John’s key
17. I don’t like
A) study b) studing e) to do study
Are in his pocket.
B) John key e) Johns keys she go to work by bus?
B) Is c) Do
C) John’s key’s
D) Has _ on Sundays. c) to have study
18. — Is there a garden in that house? a) No, there is.
D) Yes, there is.
B) No, there are. e)Yes, there are.
C) No, there aren’t.
19. — Are there any biscuits? — No,
A) there aren’t some b) there aren’t any
C) there isn’t
D) there is any e) there are any
20. Today is 22 Aug. 1999. So it is of August, 1999.
A) the twenty-two b) twenty-twoth c) the twenty second
D) the 22 th
E) the 22
2. Write the questions for the answers.
A) —? — My name is John.
B) —? — I’m from Australia.
C) —? — I live in Canberra.
D) —? — Yes, I’m married.
E) —? — Her name is Emily.
F) —? — Yes, we have a son and daughter.
G) —? — Peter is seven, Mary is nine.
H) —? — I’m a pilot.
I) —? — Emily is a school teacher.
J) —? — In our free time we go to my parents, they
Live in the country.
3. Answer the questions about yourself.
— What do you like doing in your free time?
— What do you like eating?
— What are you like?
— What do you look like?
— What would you like to do now?
4. Put the words in the correct order.
5. Fill in the gaps with ONE word only.
— Hello, my 1 Is Martin Brown. How are you?
— Fine. Nice to 2 You. What do you 3?
— I am 4 Teacher!
— Great! You love children?
— Yes, I 5.
— Have you got your own 6?
— Yes, I’ve got a 7
— What is he 8
— He is of medium 9
— Where do you 13
— We live 14 25 Summer Street. We have our 15
16______ are two floors in it.
— 17 there a garage?
— Sure, the garage is 18___
— What people live next 19
— Our 20 are kind and friendly.
. His name is Steve.
With short dark wavy 10
. He is rather outgoing and he is good 12
Front of the house.
6. Write 5 sentences describing the room you are sitting in now using construction ‘there is/there are’ and prepositions of place in each sentence.
7. Correct mistakes.
1. This is my book and that is your.
2. I cannot to speak French.
3. It often rain in Saint-Petersburg.
4. What is your sister look like?
5. There are a fridge, four stools, a table, and a cooker in my kitchen.
6. I don’t work in Sunday.
7. Where are you come from?
8. What nice day!
9. How many sheeps do your grandparents have?
10. My uncle lives in 25 Green Street.