1. а 2. — 3. а 4. а 5. — 6. а 7. — 8. — 9. а
1. What 2. are 3. It 4. they 5. a 6. They 7. it
A, a, an, a, a, an, a, an, a, a, an, a, a, an, a, an, a, a, a, an, a, a, a, a, an, a, a, an, a, an, a, a
1. It is an apple. 2. It is a house. 3. It is an ocean. 4. It is an umbrella. 5. It is a school. 6. It is a cat. 7. It is an egg. 8. It is a university. 9. It is an orange.
1. What is it? — It is a hand. 2. What is it? — It is a girl. 3. What are they? — They are pencils. 4. What are they? — They are boys. 5. What are they? — They are bags. 6. What is it? — It is a dog. 7. What is it?
It is an apple. 8. What are they? — They are cats. 9. What
Are they? — They are houses.
1. a 2. — 3. — 4. an 5. — 6. — 7. — 8. a
They are cats. 3. What is it? — It is It is honey. 6. What are they? — They are It is a girl. 9. What is it? — It is
1. What is it? — It is a house. 2. What are they? tea. 4. What is it? — It is a boy. 5. What is it? students. 7. What is it? — It is an orange. 8. What is it?
Coffee. 10. What are they? — They are people. 11. What is it? — It is water.
1. a The 2. an The 3. a The 4. a The 5. a The 6. a The 7. a The
1. a The 2. .^ The 3. .^ The 4. a The 5. .^ The 6. .^ The 7. a The 8. .^ The 9. .^ The 10. a The 11. ^ The 12. a The
1. It is a book. The book is big. 2. It is tea. The tea is green. 3. They are students. The students are clever. 4. It is a cat. The cat is beautiful. 5. It is a dictionary. The dictionary is expensive. 6. They are caps. The caps are new. 7. It is a dog. The dog is kind. 8. It is cheese. The cheese is fresh. 9. They are flowers. The flowers are red. 10. It is a room. The room is little. 11. They are people. The people are young. 12. It is a car. The car is gray.
1. a the 2. a the 3. a the 4. a the 5. a the 6. a the 7. a the
1. a the 2. .^ the 3. .^ the 4. a the 5. .^ the 6. a the 7. .^ the 8. an .^ the 9. .^ the 10. a the 11. .^ the 12. .^ the
1. What is it? — It is a pencil.
Where is the pencil? 2. What is it? — It is tea. — Where
Is the tea? 3. What is it? — It is a doctor. — Where is the doctor? 4. What are they? — They are shirts. — Where are the shirts? 5. What is it? — It is a boy. — Where is the boy?
6. What is it? — It is a chair. — Where is the chair? 7. What is it? — It is water. — Where is the water? 8. What are they? — They are students. — Where are the students? 9. What is it? — It is a window. — Where is the window? 10. What is it? — It is a pen. — Where is the pen? 11. What is it? — It is milk. — Where is the milk? 12. What is it? — It is a man. — Where is the man?
1. a The 2. a a a 3. a an a 4. a The 5. a a a 6. a The 7 a a a
1. It is a house. The house is white. 2. It is a city. It is a big city. It is a very big city. 3. 3. It is a pen. The pen is blue. 4. It is a cake. It is a delicious cake. It is a very delicious cake. 5. It is a bird. It is a beautiful bird. It is a very beautiful bird. 6. It is a shirt. The shirt is cheap.
1. an 2. the 3. a 4. the 5. a 6. the 7 a
1. the .^ 2. the .^ 3. .^ the 4. the .^ 5. the .^ 6. the .^ 7. .^ the
1. What is the capital of Spain? 2. What is it?
It is the earth. 3. Moscow is the capital of
It is the sun. 6. What is the capital
Russia. 4. What is the capital of France? 5. What is it?
Of Finland? 7. Kiev is the capital of Ukraine. 8. What is it? — It is the moon. 9. What is the capital of England?
1. a 2. the the 3. a 4. the the 5. a 6. the the 7. a
1. a 2. the the 3. the the 4.- 5. the the 6.- 7. the the 8. a 9. the the 10. a 11.- 12. the the
1. There is milk on the table. 2. Where are the flowers? — The flowers are in the vase.
The sugar is in the cupboard.
5. Where are the children? — The children are in the classroom. 6. There are carpets on the floor. 7. Where is the book? — The book is in the bag. 8. There are people on the square.
9. Where is the coffee? — The coffee is in the kitchen. 10. There is a garden near the school.
11. There is a cat in the yard. 12. Where is the cafe? — The cafe is near the market.
А) 1. There are some shirts in the wardrobe. 2. There is some sugar in the kitchen. 3. There are some notebooks in the bag. 4. There is some milk in the refrigerator. 5. There are some cats in the yard. 6. There is some coffee in the cupboard. 7. There are some cars near the house.
Б) 1. There are chairs in the room. 2. There is oil in the bottle. 3. There are apples in the package. 4. There is wine in the glass. 5. There are pens in the pencil case. 6. There is cheese on the plate. 7. There are people in the office.
В) 1. Are there any books on the shelf? 2. Is there any furniture in the apartment? 3. Are there any trees near the house? 4. Is there any honey in the jar? 5. Are there any people at the cafe? 6. Is there any wine in the shop? 7. Are there any mistakes in his homework?
Г) 1. Are there children in the classroom? 2. Is there water in the kettle? 3. Are there flowers in the vase? 4. Is there jam in the cupboard? 5. Are there cars in the street? 6. Is there ice cream in the refrigerator? 7. Are there people in the house?
1. some 2. any 3. some 4. any 5. any 6. some 7. some 8. any 9. some 10. any 11. some 12. any
1. There are some notebooks in the bag. 2. Is there any coffee in the cupboard? 3. There is some sugar on the table. 4. There are some trees near the house. 5. Is there any furniture in the apartment? 6. Are there any cars in the street? 7. There are some books on the shelf.
А) 1. any 2. some 3. any 4. any 5. some 6. some 7. any 8. some 9. some
Б) 1. a 2. some 3. any 4. a 5. any 6. any 7. a 8. some 9. any 10. a
А) 1. Do they have any dictionaries? 2. Does he have any pens? 3. Do we have any pineapples? 4. Does she have any brothers? 5. Do you have any notebooks? 6. Does he have any suits? 7. Do they have any children?
Б) 1. Does he have a sister? 2. Do they have a pencil? 3. Does she have a dictionary? 4. Do you have a child? 5. Do we have a pineapple? 6. Does he have a brother? 7. Do you have a pear?
В) 1. She bought some dresses. 2. We bought some dictionaries. 3. He bought some shirts.
Г) 1. We bought a book. 2. He bought a tie. 3. She bought a scarf. 4. I bought a pear. 5. They bought a dictionary. 6. We bought a pineapple. 7. He bought a suit.
I. Do they have any children? 2. I bought a house. 3. Do you have any cheese? 4. We bought some pineapples. 5. He bought a car. 6. Does she have any sugar? 7. Do we have any apples? 8. They bought a dictionary. 9. Do you have a pencil? 10. Does he have any milk?
1. Чисто информационный вопрос. Вопрос-просьба. 2. Вопрос-просьба. Чисто информационный вопрос. 3. Вопрос-просьба. Чисто информационный вопрос. 4. Чисто информационный вопрос. Вопрос-просьба. 5. Чисто информационный вопрос. Вопрос-просьба. 6. Вопрос-просьба. Чисто информационный вопрос. 7. Чисто информационный вопрос. Вопрос-просьба.
1. Do you have any sugar? 2. Do you have some sugar? 3. Is there some gas in your garage?
4. Is there any gas in your garage? 5. Are there some faxes for us? 6. Are there any faxes for us? 7. Do you have some salt? 8. Do you have any salt? 9. Is there any chalk in your classroom? 10. Is there some chalk in your classroom? 11. Are there some telegrams for me? 12. Are there any telegrams for me? 13. Do you have any honey? 14. Do you have some honey?
1. any some 2. any some 3. any some 4. any some 5. any some 6. any some 7. any some
Yes, there is some. 2. Are there any books in
Yes, there are some. 3. Do you want any mustard?
Yes, there are some. 5. Is there any water No, I have already taken
1. Is there any butter in the refrigerator? the bag?
No, I have already taken
Some. 4. Are there any chairs in the room?
In the kettle? — Yes, there is some. 6. Do you want any jam? some. 7. Is there any salt on the table? — Yes, there is some.
1. — 2. — 3. some 4. — 5. some 6. some 7. — 8. some 9. — 10. some 11. — 12. some
13. — 14. some
1. It is juice. 2. There are some shirts in the wardrobe. 3. There is some tea in the glass. 4. They are cats. 5. There is some milk in the refrigerator. 6. There are some books on the desk. 7. It is butter. 8. There is some cheese on the plate. 9. They are children. 10. There is some coffee in the cup. 11. There are some trees in the yard. 12. They are pencils.
1. week 2. day 3. month 4. year 5. day 6. week 7. year
1. a 2. — 3. — 4. a 5. a 6. — 7. a 8. a 9. — 10. — 11. a 12. a
1. He drinks tea four times a day. 2. She goes to the theater once a month. 3. We fly to Brazil twice a year. 4. They go to the cinema once a week. 5. I drink coffee three times a day. 6. We have a vacation twice a year. 7. She writes to me once a month. 8. They have English lessons three times a week. 9. He takes a shower twice a day. 10. She calls him once a year.
1. a 2. a 3. is 4. are 5. a 6. is 7. a 8. are 9. an 10. is 11. a 12. are
1. This silk is $ 50 a yard. 2. The plane is flying at 600 kilometers an hour. 3. Oranges are 40 rubles a kilogram. 4. He is looking for a job with a salary of $ 25,000 a year. 5. The car is traveling at 90 miles an hour. 6. Strawberry is 150 rubles a kilogram. 7. Butter is $ 5 a pound. 8. The train is traveling at 100 kilometers an hour. 9. This material is 70 rubles a meter. 10. Bananas are $ 2 a kilogram.
1. a 2. — 3. a 4. a 5. — 6. — 7. — 8. a 9. — 10. an 11. an 12. — 13. — 14. a
А) 1. What kind men! 2. What sweet pears! 3. What clever boys! 4. What good books!
Б) 1. What a fashionable shirt! 2. What a boring lecture! 3. What a juicy orange! 4. What a naughty child! 5. What a warm day! 6. What a handsome young man! 7. What a lovely present!
1. What a juicy apple! 2. Преобразование невозможно. 3. What a tall tree! 4. Преобразование невозможно. 5. Преобразование невозможно. 6. What a large office! 7. What a pretty girl! 8. Преобразование невозможно. 9. Преобразование невозможно. 10. What a tasty pie! 11. Преобразование невозможно.
1. What roses! 2. What a delicious cake! 3. What nice weather! 4. What sweet apples! 5. What a pleasant surprise! 6. What a beautiful girl! 7. What a day! 8. What high mountains! 9. What dirty boots! 10. What weak coffee! 11. What fresh bread! 12. What a juicy orange! 13. What pure water! 14. What a warm evening! 15. What a boring lecture! 16. What strange words! 17. What nature! 18. What strong tea! 19. What wonderful flowers!
1. a 2. — 3. — 4. a 5. — 6. a 7. — 8. a 9. — 10. — 11. a 12. a
1. Such lovely weather! 2. Such a delicious cake! 3. Such wonderful nature! 4. Such a large house! 5. Such fresh roses! 6. Such strong coffee! 7. Such tall trees! 8. Such a clever cat!
I. I have a little tea. 2. She has a few apples. 3. We have a little butter. 4. They have a few American magazines. 5. He has a little bread. 6. We have a little honey. 7. I have a few pears. 8. They have a few oranges. 9. She has a little cocoa. 10. They have a little olive oil.
1. — 2. — 3. а 4. — 5. а 6. — 7. — 8. а 9. — 10. а 11. — 12. а
1. of 2. — 3. — 4. of 5. — 6. — 7. of 8. — 9. — 10. of
1. We have many books. 2. He has much honey. 3. I have many friends. 4. She has much coffee. 5. They have much jam. 6. We have many dictionaries. 7. She has many dresses.
I. They have a lot of friends. 2. I have a lot of cheese. 3. She has a lot of books. 4. We have a lot of apples. 5. He has a lot of milk. 6. They have a lot of coffee. 7. I have a lot of dictionaries. 8. We have a lot of honey. 9. She has a lot of tea. 10. They have a lot of pears.
1. A 2. — 3. A 4. A 5. — a 6. — 7. a — 8. —
1. A tea, please. 2. We’ll have a coffee and a tea, please. 3. A Coke, please. 4. We’ll have a tea and a coffee, please. 5. A coffee, please. 6. We’ll have a Coke, a coffee, and a tea, please. 7. A tea, please.
1. Three coffees and a tea, please. 2. We’ll have two teas, please. 3. A coffee and three teas, please. 4. A Coke, please. 5. We’ll have a coffee and a tea, please. 6. Two Cokes, please. 7. We’ll have three coffees and three teas, please. 8. A coffee and four teas, please. 9. We’ll have two coffees and two teas, please. 10. Three Cokes, please.
1 — 2. the 3. — 4. — 5. the 6. — 7. the 8. — 9. the
1. He plays soccer all day long. 2. She likes to play the piano. 3. Do you play the guitar?
4. I like to play ping-pong. 5. We play the violin. 6. They play hockey all day long. 7. She likes to play tennis. 8. Do you play the trumpet?
1. .^ The 2. The .^ 3. .^ The 4. The .^ 5. .^ The 6. .^ The 7. The .^
1. Leonov Leonovs 2. Todds Todd 3. Larin Larins 4. Harts Hart 5. Granin Granins 6. Clark Clarks 7. Perovs Perov
1. My last name is Zolotova. The Zolotovs live in Kaluga. 2. Their last name is Johnson. The Johnsons live in Washington. 3. The Gusevs live in Omsk. His last name is Gusev. 4. Our last name is Walker. The Walkers live in London. 5. The Clarks live in New York. Their last name is Clark. 6. My last name is Nilin. The Nilins live in St. Petersburg. 7. The Quaids live in Liverpool. Her last name is Quaid.
1. Ты читал роман Константина Симонова «Живые и мёртвые»? 2. Богатые тоже плачут. 3. Она помогает бедным. 4. Вы должны уважать чувства верующих. 5. Военные живут в этой части города. 6. Она ухаживает за больными. 7. Безработные требуют работы. 8. Раненые находятся в местной больнице.
1. They must respect the feelings of the religious. 2. He takes care of the sick. 3. The rich also cry. 4. Where are the wounded? 5. The unemployed demand jobs. 6. Did he read a Konstantin Simonov’s novel The Living and the Dead? 7. They help the poor. 8. The military live in that house.
1. The 2. — 3. — 4. The 5. the 6. The 7. — 8. — 9. — 10. the 11. The 12. — 13. The 14. —
1. Russians like ice hockey. 2. Germans visited our university. 3. What language do the Dutch speak? 4. The English live in this hotel. 5. The French visited our firm. 6. Brazilians like soccer. 7. What language do Canadians speak? 8. In what hotel do the Japanese live?
Boys, cars, trees, mountains, boxes, flowers, lives, teachers, classes, bushes, girls, roses, shelves, children, books, pens, tomatoes, bags, tables, flies, streets, quizzes, apples, houses, buses, men, pencils, teeth, rooms, oxen, chairs, women, lamps, mice, geese, beaches, vases, deer, students, matches, days, feet, universities, sheep, chiefs.
Friends, cities, cats, cheese, ties, coffee, sons, dictionaries, honey, daughters, countries, seas, wardrobes, sisters, tea, notebooks, jam, rivers, brothers, salt, months, pears, bread, weeks, sugar, caps, milk, birds, years, suits, water, oil, dresses, butter, meat, scarves, wine, shirts, families, schools.
А) 1. onions 2. strawberries 3. beets 4. fruit 5. raspberries 6. cookies 7. potatoes 8. fruit
Б) 1. butter 2. bananas 3. grapes 4. peas 5. pears 6. tea 7. cheese 8. kidney beans 9. oranges
1. Do you have honey? 2. We bought some fruit. 3. Does he have tea? 4. I bought some bananas. 5. Do they have salt? 6. He bought some strawberries. 7. Do you have peas? 8. I bought some onions. 9. Does she have oranges? 10. We bought some beets. 11. Does he have raspberries? 12. She bought some kidney beans. 13. Do you have potatoes? 14. He bought some butter. 15. Does she have radishes? 16. They bought some sugar. 17. Does he have grapes? 18. I bought some coffee. 19. Do you have pears? 20. He bought some milk. 21. Do they have carrots? 22. We bought some cookies.
1. cakes cake 2. watermelon watermelons 3. candy candies 4. chickens chicken 5. cabbage cabbages 6. chocolate chocolates 7. lambs lamb
1. .^ а 2. .^ a 3. a .^ 4. .^ a 5. a .^ 6. .^ a
1. He bought a bag of candies. Do you like candy? 2. I had chicken for supper. They saw chickens at the farm. 3. We bought two cabbages. Can I have another plate of cabbage? 4. He ate seven chocolates. Do you like chocolate? 5. She saw lambs in the field. We had lamb for dinner. 6. I bought a watermelon. Would you like some watermelon? 7. Can I have another piece of cake? They bought a cake.
1. Take some preserves. 2. Serve yourself curds. 3. The road goes straight through the woods. 4. I bought some groats. 5. Fishes live in the sea and in the rivers. 6. The police are looking for five armed men. 7. She has two goldfish in a fishbowl. 8. He has three watches. 9. They had fish for dinner. 10. She has a few gray hairs. 11. He caught seven fish. 12. He has black hair. 13. There is a hair in your soup. 14. Her family live in Moscow. 15. I have a watch.
The friend’s house, the sister’s letter, the girl’s bag, the father’s job, Jim’s coat, the daughter’s dress, the brother’s dictionary, the cat’s tail, the son’s notebook, Iris’s scarf, John’s tie, the mother’s birthday, Thomas’s room, the dog’s food, Max’s guitar, the teacher’s pen, James’s newspaper, the doctor’s car, Jack’s shirt, Tess’s magazine, the boy’s suit, the student’s pencil, Chris’s cap, Gladys’s piano.
The sister’s room, the teacher’s pen, the brother’s job, the daughter’s book, the friend’s birthday, the father’s house, the girl’s bag, Gladys’s cat, the mother’s letter, Thomas’s scarf, Iris’s car, Max’s pencil, the friend’s notebook, the boy’s dictionary, Jim’s tie, Cox’s suit, the doctor’s coat, Tess’s guitar, the student’s textbook, the cat’s tail, John’s piano, the dog’s food, Jack’s shirt.
The students’ dictionaries, the friends’ gifts, the teachers’ lectures, the parents’ house, the girls’ scarves, the children’s notebooks, the doctors’ cars, the men’s suits, the people’s republic, the women’s caps, the journalists’ articles, the businessmen’s offices, the sisters’ letters, the schoolchildren’s pens, the engineers’ computers, the colleagues’ congratulation.
А) The parents’ house, the friends’ letters, the children’s toys, the teachers’ lectures, the men’s suits, the students’ dictionaries, the sisters’ gifts, the schoolchildren’s pencils, the women’s scarves, the journalists’ articles, the people’s republic, the doctors’ cars, the businessmen’s offices, the colleagues’ congratulation, the girls’ dresses, the sons’ notebooks.
Б) Max’s pen, the daughter’s books, the doctor’s cap, the schoolchildren’s dictionaries, the parents’ car, Chris’s letter, the children’s pencils, the teacher’s lecture, the friends’ congratulation, Iris’s notebooks, the sons’ gifts, James’s house, the men’s coats, the dog’s food, the businessmen’s money, the journalist’s article, Travis’s tie, the students’ textbooks, the cat’s tail, Gladys’s dress, the brother’s newspaper, Tess’s tea, the daughters’ piano, Thomas’s shirt, the sister’s room, Max’s flowers, the girl’s bag, Morris’s guitar, the women’s suits, the friend’s magazines, Jack’s coffee, the colleagues’ computers, the boys’ scarves, the mother’s birthday, John’s toys, the father’s words, Jim’s office.
The dress of the girl, the pen of the student, the letter of the friends, the house of the mother, the tie of Morris, the tail of the dog, the shirt of James, the gifts of the brothers, the car of Thomas, the dictionaries of the schoolchildren, the lecture of the teacher, the congratulation of the colleagues, the notebook of Tess, the coat of the son, the newspaper of Max, the suits of the men, the food of the cat, the birthday of the daughter, the toys of the children, the room of the sister, the articles of the journalists, the money of the businessmen, the leg of the table, the guitar of Jack, the cap of the doctor, the flowers of Gladys, the scarves of Travis, the republic of the people, the piano of Iris, the words of the parents.
А) The friend’s birthday, the sister’s flowers, the students’ notebooks, Morris’s guitar, the doctor’s words, the colleagues’ congratulation, Travis’s piano, the teachers’ lectures, the parents’ house, Iris’s dress.
Б) The gift of the daughter, the toys of the children, the car of the doctor, the hats of the men, the tail of the cat, the bag of the woman, the pencils of the schoolchildren, the room of the son, the piano of Gladys, the suit of the man, the republic of the people, the food of the dog, the pen of Jack, the scarves of the women, the cap of Tess, the office of the businessman, the tea of Max, the tie of the father, the coffee of James, the coat of the mother, the dictionaries of Chris, the articles of the journalists.
The brother’s room или the room of the brother, the students’ dictionaries или the dictionaries of the students, Tess’s flowers или the flowers of Tess, the father’s house или the house of the father, the friends’ gifts или the gifts of the friends, the teachers’ lectures или the lectures of the teachers, the mother’s letter или the letter of the mother, Chris’s tea или the tea of Chris, the schoolchildren’s notebooks или the notebooks of the schoolchildren, the men’s suits или the suits of the men, the cat’s tail или the tail of the cat, Iris’s car или the car of Iris, the children’s toys или the toys of the children, James’s coffee или the coffee of James, the parents’ words или the words of the parents, the colleague’s congratulation или the congratulation of the colleague, Gladys’s piano или the piano of Gladys, the sister’s dress или the dress of the sister, John’s birthday или the birthday of John, the doctor’s cap или the cap of the doctor, the dog’s food или the food of the dog, the businessman’s office или the office of the businessman, Jacks’ guitar или the guitar of Jack, the daughter’s pen или the pen of the daughter, the girl’s bag или the bag of the girl, the journalists’ articles или the articles of the journalists, Lomas’s pencil или the pencil of Thomas, the people’s republic или the republic of the people, Morris’s tie или the tie of Morris.
Водитель такси, яблочный сок, луковый суп, булочная, хоккейный матч, двадцатидолларовая купюра, преподаватель истории, урок музыки, тренер по фитнесу, студент университета, остановка троллейбуса, дверь машины, бутон розы, выставка кошек; перерыв на чай; карта страны.
A library book, a taxi driver, a tennis coach, apple juice, a hockey match, a music lesson, a love story, a rose bud, a university student, a cat show, a bread store, a hotel room, a china teacup, a twenty-dollar bill, a metro station, a candy store, car keys, tea break, Labor Day, a hotel manager, onion soup, a trolley-bus stop, a city map, a garage door, a street corner, a cough medicine.
Colder, faster, younger, more interesting, hotter, cheaper, smaller, more handsome, poorer, higher, cooler, richer, more serious, warmer.
1. younger 2. bigger 3. older 4. prettier 5. faster 6. richer 7. more beautiful 8. cleaner
1. Patrick is richer than Jack. 2. Tess’s coat is cheaper than Sylvia’s. 3. Jim’s house is bigger than Linda’s. 4. September is colder than August. 5. Jack is younger than Max. 6. Morris’s room is smaller than Chris’s. 7. John is poorer than Chuck. 8. Iris’s cap is more expensive than Jane’s. 9. May is warmer than April.
1. John’s car is bigger than Jack’s. 2. She is more beautiful than her sister. 3. Jim is taller than Max. 4. I am happier than you. 5. His tie is cheaper than Chuck’s. 6. Linda’s house is smaller than Jane’s. 7. He is poorer than you. 8. Sylvia’s dress is more expensive than Iris’s. 9. His dog is cleverer than Travis’s. 10. Gladys is younger than Thomas. 11. He is more handsome than his brother. 12. She is richer than her colleagues. 13. His room is cleaner than Morris’s. 14. The teacher is older than his students. 15. Our family is larger than Tess’s.
Better, more, fewer, worse, less, more, smaller.
1. Max’s house is smaller than John’s. 2. Bill’s suit is worse than Chuck’s. 3. Iris has fewer sisters than Linda. 4. Jane’s dog is bigger than Jack’s. 5. Travis has less money than Patrick.
1. His room is better than Charles’s. 2. She has more friends than Linda. 3. He has fewer books than Sylvia. 4. His suit is worse than Travis’s. 5. Her cat is smaller than Max’s. 6. He has more dictionaries than Jack. 7. Her car is better than Samantha’s. 8. He has less money than Fred. 9. His house is worse than Jane’s. 10. She has fewer dresses than Gladys. 11. His tie is better than Hank’s.
The largest, the most beautiful, the youngest, the best, the most useful, the hottest, the cleverest, the most difficult, the biggest, the happiest, the nearest, the most, the most expensive, the worst, the warmest, the highest, the simplest, the most handsome, the fewest, the coolest, the cheapest, the narrowest, the most serious, the most, the oldest, the prettiest, the richest, the coldest, the poorest, the most interesting, the least, the smallest.
1. the biggest 2. the smallest 3. the most expensive 4. the most interesting 5. the oldest
1. This is the smallest state in the US. 2. He is the worst basketball player in the team.
3. These tomatoes are the cheapest. 4. Chris is the youngest of the family. 5. This is the biggest state in India. 6. He is the best volleyball player in the team. 7. These potatoes are the most expensive.
1. Jane is the most interesting person I know. 2. These oranges are the most expensive.
5. This exercise is the most useful. 6. Chuck is the cleverest student I know. 7. The Mexican cafe is the nearest. 8. He has the worst grades in his class. 9. Gladys is the most beautiful girl I know. 10. Moscow is the biggest city in Russia. 11. Kim is the youngest of the family.
Cheaply, highly, nicely, usually, fast, terribly, richly, long, easily, hard, brightly, well, exactly, lazily, badly, little, simply, late, awfully, heavily, early, much.
I. She speaks English well. 2. I see him very little these days. 3. We get up early. 4. He studies hard. 5. They think highly of you. 6. Can you run fast? 7. I am feeling much better today. 8. Did you have to wait long? 9. We are awfully hungry. 10. She can do the test easily.
II. Last night he went to bed late. 12. You look exactly like your father. 13. They work hard. 14. These tomatoes are terribly expensive. 15. I play the guitar badly. 16. He lives simply. 17. She usually gets to work at 9 o’clock.
More often, most often; later, latest; more, most; more highly, most highly; faster, fastest; better, best; more richly, most richly; longer, longest; harder, hardest; less, least; earlier, earliest; worse, worst; more cheaply, cheapest.
1. more often 2. better 3. less 4. better 5. worse 6. better 7. easier
1. He has to eat less. 2. She likes cofiee more than tea. 3. They go to the country more often than their children. 4. She knows English, but she speaks Russian better than she speaks English. 5. He seldom has time to visit his sister. It is easier for her to come to see him.
1. most 2. best 3. Most of all 4. best 5. worst 6. best 7. least of all 8. best 9. worst 10. most of all 11. least 12. most of all
1. Most of all she likes flowers. 2. Which of the brothers plays the piano best? 3. This is what you need most. 4. The motor works best when it is warm. 5. Which team played worst? 6. This is what I like least. 7. What do you like to prepare most of all? — I like to make fish dishes. 8. He sings worst when he is tired. 9. She likes this scarf best. 10. It is the thing they worry about least of all. 11. What do you like most of all: apples or pears? 12. Oranges grow best in hot countries.
I play you play he, she, it plays
We play you play they play
I am playing you are playing he, she, it is playing
We are playing you are playing they are playing
I speak you speak he, she, it speaks
We speak you speak they speak
I am speaking you are speaking he, she, it is speaking
We are speaking you are speaking they are speaking
I read you read he, she, it reads
Present Indefinite We read you read they read
I am reading you are reading he, she, it is reading
We are reading you are reading they are reading
I do you do he, she, it does
Present Indefinite We do you do they do
I am doing you are doing he, she, it is doing
We are doing you are doing they are doing
I have you have he, she, it has
Present Indefinite We have you have they have
I am having you are having he, she, it is having
We are having you are having they are having
А) 1. Yes, she does. No, she doesn’t. 2. Yes, I do. No, I don’t. 3. Yes, he does. No, he doesn’t.
Б) 1. Yes, he is. No, he isn’t. 2. Yes, they are. No, they aren’t. 3. Yes, she is. No, she isn’t.
А) 1. What does she do? 2. What do they do? 3. What does he do? 4. What do we do?
Б) 1. What is he doing? 2. What are they doing? 3. What is she doing? 4. What am I doing?
1. They are having dinner at the restaurant now. 2. She is calling him now. 3. He is taking a shower now. 4. They are going to the cinema now. 5. I am doing my homework at the library now. 6. She is playing tennis with her friend now. 7. He is drinking tea now.
Возможные варианты предложений.
1. She often works in the garden. 2. They go to the theater on Saturdays. 3. He calls his brother once a week. 4. We usually play hockey in the yard. 5. She seldom drinks cofiee.
1. Он ест мясо? (вообще) Он ест мясо? (сейчас) 2. Вы звоните Джону? (сейчас) Вы звоните Джону? (вообще) 3. Она говорит по-русски? (вообще) Она говорит по — русски? (сейчас) 4. Они играют в футбол? (вообще) Они играют в футбол? (сейчас)
1. gets 2. have 3. goes 4. is cooking 5. come 6. calls 7. rises, sets 8. are playing 9. spends
1. After autumn comes winter. 2. He is playing tennis. 3. We sometimes do our homework at the library. 4. The moon goes around the earth. 5. They often have dinner at the restaurant.
6. He usually spends his vacation at his parents’ place. 7. She never eats meat. 8. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west. 9. We often go to St. Petersburg on business. 10. He doesn’t smoke. 11. He is not smoking. 12. She always comes home at 6 o’clock. 13. They have a party every Saturday. 14. He is cooking pizza. 15. I usually get to work at 8 o’clock. 16. They are working in the garden. 17. She seldom goes to the cinema. 18. He takes a shower every day. 19. Do they speak German? 20. Are they speaking German? 21. She seldom calls him. 22. They are always late. 23. He is watching TV.
1. am taking 2. is learning 3. is reading 4. are looking 5. is going 6. is writing 7. are building
1. The baby is learning to crawl. 2. She is writing a book about flowers. 3. His hair is going gray. 4. They are growing potatoes. 5. She is taking Russian lessons. 6. Do you like the book you are reading? 7. We are building a new church. 8. I am studying to play the piano. 9. He is getting old. 10. They are hoping to go on vacation in June. 11. She is taking music lessons. 12. He is looking forward to New Year’s Day.
We have worked
You have worked
[ they have worked To be
We have been
You have been
They have been
I have worked you have worked he, she, it has worked
I have been you have been he, she, it has been To understand
I have understood we have understood
You have understood you have understood he, she, it has understood they have understood
I have bought you have bought he, she, it has bought
We have read you have read they have read
We have bought you have bought they have bought
I have read you have read he, she, it has read
1. — Yes, she has. — No, she hasn’t. 2. — Yes, they have.
No, they haven’t. 3. — Yes, he
Has. — No, he hasn’t. 4. — Yes, I have. — No, I haven’t. 5. — Yes, she has. — No, she hasn’t.
No, they haven’t. 7. — Yes, he has. — No, he hasn’t.
1. have gone 2. have seen 3. has given 4. have studied 5. have taken 6. has bought 7. have lived 8. has sung 9. have invited 10. have done 11. has cooked 12. have worked
1. I have done my homework. 2. Have you bought a car? 3. He has studied English for five years. 4. We have built a house. 5. She has cooked dinner. 6. They have gone to London. 7. I have worked in this firm for six years. 8. He has sung a song. 9. Have you written to your parents? 10. I have called my brother. 11. They have invited us to their party. 12. We have lived in New York for two years.
1. — Yes, he has. — No, he hasn’t. 2. — Yes, they have.
No, they haven’t. 3. — Yes, she
Has. — No, she hasn’t. 4. — Yes, I have. — No, I haven’t. 5. — Yes, he has. — No, he hasn’t.
6. — Yes, they have.
No, they haven’t. 7. — Yes, she has. — No, she hasn’t.
1. been 2. has 3. to 4. been 5. have 6. to 7. been 8. Has 9. to
1. Have you been to Chicago? 2. I have never been to Milan. 3. He has been to Smolensk. 4. We have been to San Francisco. 5. Have you been to Manchester? 6. She has been to Suzdal.
We have been working you have been working they have been working
I have been working you have been working he, she, it has been working
I have been living you have been living he, she, it has been living
We have been living you have been living they have been living
I have been waiting you have been waiting he, she, it has been waiting
We have been waiting you have been waiting they have been waiting
1. — Yes, she has. — No, she hasn’t. 2. — Yes, they have.
Has. — No, he hasn’t. 4. — Yes, I have. — No, I haven’t. 5. — Yes, she has. — No, she hasn’t.
6. — Yes, they have.
No, they haven’t. 3. — Yes, he
No, they haven’t. 7. — Yes, he has. — No, he hasn’t.
1. has been eating 2. have been waiting 3. have been living 4. has been sitting 5. has been drinking 6. has been working 7. have been studying 8. has been keeping 9. has been using 10. have been playing
Варианты ответов на вопросы.
1. I have been dancing at a discotheque. 2. He has been sitting in the sun. 3. They have been having dinner. 4. She has been doing her homework. 5. They have been working in the garden. 6. He has been riding his bike. 7. They have been playing tennis.
1. She has been living in this city since her childhood. 2. We have been studying English for five years. 3. He has been doing his homework for two hours. 4. Have you been waiting long? 5. He has been playing basketball for four years. 6. Someone has been reading my letters. 7. She has been keeping a journal for fifteen years. 8. What have you been doing? — I have been sleeping. 9. We have been working since eight o’clock. 10. Someone has been using my mobile phone. 11. He has been sitting in the sun for a long time. 12. What have you been doing?
I have been riding my bike.
I worked you worked he worked she worked it worked
We worked you worked they worked she saw it saw
I saw you saw he saw
You saw they saw
I had you had he had she had it had
We had you had they had she was
I was you were he was
You were they were
1. — Yes, he did. — No, he didn’t. 2. — Yes, they did.
No, they didn’t. 3. — Yes, she
Did. — No, she didn’t. 4. — Yes, I did. — No, I didn’t. 5. — Yes, he did. — No, he didn’t.
6. — Yes, they did.
No, they didn’t. 7. — Yes, she did. — No, she didn’t.
1. Он учил английский язык два года. Он учит английский язык два года. 2. Я играю в хоккей шесть лет. Я играл в хоккей шесть лет. 3. Она работала в этой библиотеке десять лет. Она работает в этой библиотеке десять лет. 4. Вы преподавали немецкий язык восемь лет? Вы преподаёте немецкий язык восемь лет? 5. Мы живём в Москве тридцать лет. Мы жили в Москве тридцать лет.
1. He has gone to England. 2. We have bought a car. 3. She has come to Moscow. 4. They have invited us to their party. 5. We have given him a bike. 6. He has left. 7. She has arrived in New York.
1. He came to Krasnodar two years ago. 2. Yesterday they gave her a beautiful scarf. 3. She went to Vladimir last Saturday. 4. I bought a car the day before yesterday. 5. They left twenty minutes ago. 6. He arrived in Washington last Tuesday. 7. She invited me to her party five minutes ago.
1. Yesterday we did our homework at the library. 2. He got a letter last Monday. 3. Two years ago they bought a house. 4. Today I invited him to my party. 5. He left ten minutes ago. 6. We came to Moscow last year. 7. A month ago she gave him an English-Russian dictionary. 8. The day before yesterday I called her. 9. Last Thursday we played tennis. 10. They went to the theater two weeks ago. 11. Last Saturday he had dinner at the restaurant. 12. Three years ago she went to America.
1. When did he buy a car? 2. What time did you get up? 3. When did she go to school? 4. What time did the movie begin? 5. When did they build a house? 6. What time did he go to bed? 7. When did you come to Russia? 8. What time did the concert end? 9. When did she get a letter?
1. When did you come to Moscow? 2. What time did the concert begin? 3. When did he get a letter? 4. What time did you get up? 5. When did they buy a car? 6. What time did the movie end? 7. When did you call her? 8. What time did he leave? 9. When did you build a house? 10. What time did you go to bed?
We were singing you were singing they were singing
I was singing you were singing he, she, it was singing
I was playing you were playing he, she, it was playing
We were playing you were playing they were playing
1. — Yes, he was. — No, he wasn’t. 2. — Yes, they were.
No, they weren’t. 3. — Yes,
I was. — No, I wasn’t. 4. — Yes, she was. — No, she wasn’t. 5. — Yes, they were. weren’t. 6. — Yes, he was. — No, he wasn’t. 7. — Yes, I was. — No, I wasn’t.
1. He was singing as he worked. 2. I was riding my bike when it started to rain. 3. She was preparing the breakfast when you called. 4. He broke his leg when he was playing basketball. 5. When we were young we were living in Murmansk. 6. They were walking around the city when it started to snow. 7. He broke a glass as he was washing the dishes.
8. They were all singing when we came in. 9. She was having dinner when the telephone rang. 10. A dog brought him a newspaper as he was drinking tea in an armchair. 11. I saw you when you were walking to the bus stop. 12. While she was making breakfast, everyone else was in bed. 13. When we came into the room they were all talking about us. 14. He was standing in front of the bus when it suddenly started. 15. We were just saying that we never hear from Uncle Thomas, when he phoned.
1. She was preparing the breakfast when he called. 2. I saw them when they were walking to the bus stop. 3. He was riding his bike when it started to rain. 4. When they were young they were living in London. 5. He broke a glass as he was washing the dishes. 6. When I came into the room they were all talking about me. 7. She was singing as she worked. 8. We were walking around the city when it started to snow. 9. They were just saying that they never hear from Uncle Thomas, when he phoned. 10. While I was making breakfast, everyone else was in bed. 11. He broke his leg when he was playing volleyball. 12. They were all singing when I came in. 13. A dog brought him a newspaper as he was drinking coffee in an armchair. 14. They were standing in front of the bus when it suddenly started. 15. We were having supper when the telephone rang.
1. На нём был зелёный галстук. 2. Она носила серый костюм. 3. На нём была чёрная шляпа. 4. На ней было новое платье. 5. Я носил коричневые ботинки. 6. Она носила золотое кольцо. 7. На нём был жёлтый пиджак. 8. Я носила синие туфли. 9. Он носил солнцезащитные очки. 10. На ней была белая блузка.
1. I usually wore a black jacket. 2. He seldom wore a red tie. 3. She sometimes wore a white dress. 4. I often wore a blue suit. 5. He always wore yellow boots. 6. She seldom wore a rose blouse. 7. I sometimes wore a gray overcoat. 8. He always wore a warm sweater. 9. She often wore green shoes. 10. I usually wore a brown scarf.
1. He was wearing a black hat. 2. I was wearing a green dress. 3. He wore a blue tie. 4. She was wearing a white sweater. 5. He wore a gray overcoat. 6. She was wearing a brown blouse. 7. He was wearing new boots. 8. I wore a gold ring. 9. He was wearing an old jacket.
I had gone you had gone he, she, it had gone
We had gone you had gone they had gone
I had been you had been he, she, it had been
We had been you had been they had been
1. — Yes, she had. — No, she hadn’t. 2. — Yes, they had.
No, they hadn’t. 3. — Yes, he
Had. — No, he hadn’t. 4. — Yes, I had. — No, I hadn’t. 5. — Yes, she had. — No, she hadn’t.
No, they hadn’t. 7. — Yes, he had. — No, he hadn’t.
1. When they had eaten supper they went for a walk. 2. The teacher asked who had drawn pictures on the board. 3. He was ashamed of what he had done. 4. They had studied German before they came to Austria. 5. It started to rain, but luckily I had taken my umbrella. 6. The manager was very reasonable when she said she had left all her money at home. 7. We soon got lost because we had forgotten to take a map. 8. He welcomed the news that he had passed his geography test. 9. They explained that the car hadn’t stopped at the red light. 10. We arrived at the theater after the performance had started. 11. She told the police she had seen the accident. 12. I had just got into the bathtub when the phone rang. 13. We were all sorry to hear you had been ill. 14. Did he tell you he had entered a college? 15. I tried to explain what had happened, but the policeman didn’t listen. 16. She said that she had never been to America.
1. They told the police they had seen the accident. 2. I soon got lost because I had forgotten to take a map. 3. We were all sorry to hear you had been ill. 4. He welcomed the news that he had passed his math test. 5. Did they tell you they had entered college? 6. When we had eaten breakfast we went for a walk. 7. He was ashamed of what he had done. 8. They had studied French before they came to France. 9. I said that I had never been to England. 10. The teacher asked who had drawn pictures on the board. 11. It started to rain, but luckily we had taken our umbrellas. 12. I explained that the car hadn’t stopped at the red light. 13. The manager was very reasonable when they said they had left all their money at home. 14. He had just got into the bathtub when the phone rang. 15. We tried to explain what had happened, but the policeman didn’t listen. 16. They arrived at the theater after the performance had started.
1. Он не бреется месяц или Он не брился месяц. 2. Он не брился месяц. 3. Она не звонила ему две недели. 4. Она не звонит ему две недели или Она не звонила ему две недели. 5. Мы не получали от него никаких известий три года. 6. Мы не получаем от него никаких известий три года или Мы не получали от него никаких известий три года. 7. Он не курит пять дней или Он не курил пять дней. 8. Он не курил пять дней. 9. Она не ходит в театр год или Она не ходила в театр год. 10. Она не ходила в театр год. 11. Он не писал ей два месяца. 12. Он не пишет ей два месяца или Он не писал ей два месяца.
1. He hasn’t called her for three weeks. 2. He hasn’t called her for three weeks или He hadn’t called her for three weeks. 3. They haven’t heard from him for two years или They hadn’t heard from him for two years. 4. They haven’t heard from him for two years. 5. She hasn’t written to him for four months или She hadn’t written to him for four months. 6. She hasn’t written to him for four months. 7. He hasn’t shaved for three days. 8. He hasn’t shaved for three days или He hadn’t shaved for three days. 9. They haven’t smoked for two weeks. 10. They haven’t smoked for two weeks или They hadn’t smoked for three two weeks. 11. We haven’t gone to the cinema for a year или We hadn’t gone to the cinema for a year. 12. We haven’t gone to the cinema for a year.
I had been living you had been living he had been living she had been living it had been living
We had been living you had been living they had been living
I had been building you had been building he had been building she had been building it had been building
We had been building you had been building they had been building
1. — Yes, he had. — No, he hadn’t. 2. — Yes, they had.
No, they hadn’t. 3. — Yes, I
Had. — No, I hadn’t. 4. — Yes, she had. — No, she hadn’t. 5. — Yes, they had. hadn’t. 6. — Yes, he had. — No, he hadn’t. 7. — Yes, I had. — No, I hadn’t.
1. She said that she had been playing tennis for seven years. 2. They said that they had been living in Canada for sixty years. 3. He said that he had been building this house for two years. 4. She said that she had been teaching history for twelve years. 5. They said that they had been looking for a job for eight months. 6. He said that he had been driving for twenty years. 7. She said that she had been working in a store for three weeks.
1. They say that they have been building this house for a year. 2. He says that he has been looking for a job for seven months. 3. She says that she has been living in Australia for sixteen years. 4. They say that they have been working in a library for two weeks. 5. He says that he has been teaching geography for ten years. 6. She says that she has been driving for three months. 7. They say that they have been playing hockey for fifteen years.
1. Она говорит, что она преподаёт географию двадцать лет. 2. Он говорил, что он живёт в Новой Зеландии восемь лет. 3. Они говорят, что они ищут работу пять месяцев. 4. Она говорила, что она изучает английский язык три года. 5. Он говорит, что он водит машину две недели. 6. Они говорили, что они строят этот дом пять лет. 7. Она говорит, что она играет в баскетбол четыре года. 8. Он говорил, что он работает в банке три недели.
1. They said that they had been looking for a job for two weeks. 2. She says that she has been driving for fourteen years. 3. He said that he had been studying French for two years.
4. They say that they have been living in Moscow for five months. 5. She said that she had been building a house for three years. 6. He says that he has been working in this firm for four days. 7. They said that they had been playing hockey for eleven years. 8. She says that she has been teaching history for thirty-four years.
I will speak you will speak he will speak she will speak it will speak
We will speak you will speak they will s[eak she will read it will read
I will read you will read he will read
We will read you will read they will read
1. — Yes, she will. — No, she won’t. 2. — Yes, we will. — No, we won’t. 3. — Yes, I will. — No, I won’t. 4. — Yes, he will. — No, he won’t. 5. — Yes, they will.
No, they won’t.
6. — Yes, I will. — No, I won’t. 7. — Yes, she will. — No, she won’t.
1. I’ll study French. 2. We’ll play hockey. 3. He’ll write to her. 4. ^They’ll live in St. Petersburg.
9. She’ll call him. 10. We’ll understand Italian. 11. He won’t smoke.
1. Yesterday we went to the cinema. 2. Tomorrow I’ll do my homework at the library. 3. She called me three days ago. 4. In a week, I’ll be in Hawaii. 5. The day before yesterday he came home late. 6. In a month, we’ll buy a new car. 7. The day after tomorrow they’ll take their math exam. 8. Last Saturday we walked around Moscow. 9. Next week she’ll work in the garden. 10. Tomorrow evening I’ll watch TV. 11. We saw him yesterday morning.
1. Tomorrow we’ll take our math exam. 2. Today I’ll come home late. 3. In a year, they’ll buy a car. 4. Next Saturday he’ll work in the garden. 5. We’ll do our homework at the library. 6. The day after tomorrow she’ll go to the theater. 7. I’ll call you in a week. 8. In three days, they’ll walk around St. Petersburg. 9. Will you watch TV? 10. In a month, we’ll be in France. 11. I won’t drink coffee. 12. Will you write to her?
I. Я иду в отпуск в следующем месяце. 2. Она сдаёт экзамен по вождению автомобиля завтра. 3. Он женится на следующей неделе. 4. Мы устраиваем вечеринку послезавтра. 5. Они будут играть в футбол в понедельник. 6. Он придёт сегодня вечером? 7. Мы уезжаем во Владивосток завтра утром. 8. Она призежает в четверг. 9. Они переезжают в Омск в следующем октябре. 10. Он не пойдёт в кино в субботу.
1. I am giving a party tonight. 2. Tomorrow they are leaving for Washington. 3. She is going to school next year. 4. He is taking his math exam on Thursday. 5. We are moving to Chicago next June. 6. I am meeting her on Saturday. 7. She is getting married next month. 8. Are they coming soon? 9. We are playing football on Tuesday. 10. He is going on vacation next week. 11. They are arriving tomorrow morning.
1. I am meeting her on Tuesday. 2. Is he coming soon? 3. We are taking our driving test the day after tomorrow. 4. She is getting married next week. 5. They are arriving on Monday.
6. He is going to school next year. 7. Tomorrow we are leaving for Moscow. 8. She is giving a party on Saturday. 9. When are you moving to St. Petersburg? 10. Tonight they are going to the cinema. 11. We are playing basketball on Thursday. 12. When are you going on vacation?
1. По телевизору говорят, что погода будет хорошая. 2. Рядом с нами откроется новый театр. 3. Скоро вам станет лучше. 4. Наверное, из-за снега они опоздают. 5. По-моему, я простужусь. 6. Эта пальма вот-вот упадёт. 7. Очень холодно: по — моему, будет снег. 8. Говорят, будет тепло. 9. По-моему, будет дождь. 10. Когда они будут хорошо учиться?
1. are going to 2. are going to 3. is going to 4. is going to 5. is going to 6. is going to 7. is going to 8. it is going to 9. is going to
1. Soon you are going to feel better. 2.That palm tree is going to fall down. 3. I think it is going to rain. 4. He is probably going to be late because of the snow. 5. A new movie theater is going to open next door to you. 6. I think I am going to have a cold. 7. They say it is going to be hot. 8. The TV says the weather is going to be bad. 9. When are his marks going to improve? 10. It is so cold
I think it is going to snow.
1. У них есть какие-нибудь планы на завтра?
Они собираются навестить Том-
Сонов. 2. Мы собираемся смотреть футбол на стадионе. 3. Очень холодно: я надену пальто. 4. Когда вы будете обедать? 5. Она правда собирается продать машину? 6. Я рад сообщить, что я собираюсь в отпуск. 7. Завтра утром вы будете дома? 8. Они собираются пойти получить зарплату. 9. Ты будешь смотреть баскетбол?
1. am going to 2. is going to 3. are going to 4. is going to 5. are going to 6. am going to
1. When are you going to have dinner? 2. I am happy to say I am going to get a vacation.
3. Are they actually going to sell their house? 4. We are going to watch a soccer game at the stadium. 5. Do you have any plans for Saturday?
We are going to visit the Thomsons.
6. Is he going to sing? 7. It is so cold that I am going to put my overcoat on. 8. Are you going to be at home tomorrow morning? 9. I am going to pick up my wages. 10. Is she going to watch the tennis match?
I will be playing you will be playing he, she, it will be playing
We will be playing you will be playing they will be playing
I will be using you will be using he, she, it will be using
We will be using you will be using they will be using
1. — Yes, I will. — No, I won’t. 2. — Yes, we will. — No, we won’t. 3. — Yes, I will. — No, I won’t. 4. — Yes, we will. — No, we won’t. 5. — Yes, I will. — No, I won’t. 6. — Yes, we will. — No, we won’t. 7. — Yes, I will. — No, I won’t.
1. В следующий понедельник я поеду на Аляску. 2. Ты навестишь свою сестру в субботу? 3. Не звони мне завтра днём. Я буду готовиться к экзамену по географии. 4. Сегодня я задержусь в университете. 5. Мы вам ещё нужны или мы можем идти домой? 6. Мы увидимся с ней в следующий четверг. 7. Как долго вы пробудете в Атланте? 8. Через неделю мы будем сидеть в саду. 9. По пути в Киев она на два дня остановится в Минске. 10. Вы долго пробудете в Детройте?
1. I will be staying late at work today. 2. We’ll be seeing you next Monday. 3. This time on Thursday I’ll be walking around St. Petersburg. 4. Will you be using the computer? If not, can I use it? 5. Don’t phone me tomorrow. I’ll be preparing for my French exam. 6. We will be going to Hawaii next summer. 7. Will you be needing me any more or can I go home?
8. He’ll be stopping in Irkutsk for three days on his way to Vladivostok. 9. How long will you be staying in Yaroslavl? 10. On Tuesday John and Bob will be playing basketball for the school team. 11. Will you be visiting your brother on the weekend? 12. In a month we’ll be swimming in the Red Sea. 13. Will you be staying long in Sochi?
1. I’ll be seeing you on Monday. 2. Will you be using the pen? If not, can I use it? 3. She’ll be stopping in Paris for three days on her way to London. 4. I’ll be staying late in the firm today. 5. In summer we’ll be going to America. 6. Don’t phone me tomorrow afternoon. I will be preparing for my history exam. 7. Will you be staying long in Washington? 8. Will you be needing me any more or can I go home? 9. In a week we’ll be swimmimg in the Black Sea. 10. On Thursday Bob and Jim will be playing volleyball for the college team. 11. Will you be visiting your parents on Saturday? 12. The day after tomorrow I’ll be walking around Moscow.
I will have finished we will have finished
You will have finished you will have finished
He, she, it will have finished they will have finished
I will have closed you will have closed he, she, it will have closed
We will have closed you will have closed they will have closed
1. — Yes, it will. — No, it won’t. 2. — Yes, I will. — No, I won’t. 3. — Yes, it will. — No, it won’t. 4. — Yes, they will.
No, they won’t. 5. — Yes, I will. — No, I won’t. 6. — Yes, he
Will. — No, he won’t. 7. — Yes, she will. — No, she won’t.
1. Мы закончим работу к восьми часам. 2. Ты сдашь экзамен по вождению автомобиля до мая? 3. Музей закроется в семь часов. 4. В следующем месяце будет три года, как я учу французский язык. 5. Они пообедают к двум часам? 6. В следующем месяце будет десять лет, как вы строите свой дом. 7. Ты сделаешь домашнее задание к девяти часам? 8. Фильм не закончится к часу ночи.
1. The dorm will have closed at one o’clock in the morning. 2. By next month I will have studied Japanese for six years. 3. He won’t have done his homework by nine o’clock. 4. By next month they will have built their house for eight years. 5. Will you have finished your work by midnight? 6. She won’t have passed her driving test before spring. 7. The metro won’t have closed at twelve o’clock at night. 8. Will the show have finished by ten o’clock?
1. The cafe will have closed at eleven o’clock. 2. He won’t have passed his driving test before June. 3. Will you have done your homework by seven o’clock? 4. Next month she will have studied Italian for three years. 5. Will the movie have finished by ten o’clock? 6. Will they have built their house before winter? 7. We’ll have finished our work before midnight. 8. Will he have eaten his breakfast by nine o’clock?
I. Если я буду свободна, я пойду в театр. 2. Вы останетесь в Москве, когда семестр закончится? 3. Если кто-нибудь позвонит, скажи, что я буду в четыре часа. 4. Когда ты пойдёшь на рынок, ты можешь купить мне картошку? 5. Если ты будешь много заниматься, ты сдашь экзамен по математике. 6. Кто будет заботиться о собаке, пока вы будете в отпуске? 7. Если будет хорошая погода, мы поедем на дачу. 8. Я увижусь с ней, когда вернусь. 9. Что вы будете делать завтра утром, если у вас не будет занятий? 10. Когда мы поедем в отпуск, мы возьмём машину напрокат.
1. goes 2. are 3. have 4. get 5. have 6. go 7. phones 8. is 9. get 10. is 11. work 12. am
1. If the weather is good, we’ll go to the dacha. 2. What will you do tomorrow if you have no classes? 3. When you go to the store can you buy me some sugar? 4. If somebody phones say I’ll be back at ten o’clock. 5. I’ll see her when I get back. 6. If I am free, I’ll go to the cinema. 7. Who will take care of the dog while you are on vacation? 8. Will you go to the museum if you have time? 9. Will you stay in St. Petersburg when the semester is over? 10. Send me a postcard when you get to London. 11. If you work hard, you’ll pass your math exam. 12. When I go on vacation I’ll rent a car.
1. Она спросила нас, как дела. 2. Никто не понимал, что вы говорите. 3. Я знал, что он очень интересный человек. 4. Мы сказали, что пора ложиться спать. 5. Ей было интересно, почему ты всегда носишь красные брюки. 6. Я сказал им, что его нет. 7. Все думали, что ты бедный. 8. Она понимала, что мотоцикл едет слишком быстро? 9. Здесь нет змей. — Он сказал есть. 10. Многие считали, что спектакль плохой. 11. Он не знал, что она замужем. 12. Они сказали, что хотят пойти с нами.
1. was 2. wore 3. were. 4. was 5. went 6. was 7. wanted 8. were 9. was 10. said 11. was
I. He said that it was time to go to bed. 2. Everyone thought you were rich. 3. I knew he was a very interesting person. 4. We told them she was out. 5. Did you realize that the motorcycle was going too fast? 6. She wondered why he always wore a red shirt. 7. I asked them how they were. 8. There are no crocodiles here.
He said there were. 9. Many
People thought the show was no good. 10. They said that they wanted to come with us.
I would come we would come
You would come you would come he, she, it would come they would come
I would study
We would study you would study you would study he, she, it would study they would study
1. I expected it would be warm. 2. She said the train would be late. 3. He promised he would work better. 4. We gathered that he wouldn’t go to London. 5. I thought it would be sunny. 6. They knew she would get married next week. 7. He hoped he would soon be able to ride a bike. 8. We heard you would move to Chicago. 9. She said she would be here by four o’clock. 10. They understood he woudn’t come to the party.
1. I think it will be cold. 2. He promises he will study better. 3. We know you will move to Boston. 4. They gather that he won’t go to Washington. 5. She says the bus will be late. 6. I expect the weather will be good. 7. He hopes he will soon be able to ride a motorcycle. 8. They say they will be here by six o’clock. 9. I understand you won’t come to my place. 10. We hear she will give a party next Saturday.
1. He promised he would work harder. 2. I thought it would rain. 3. They knew the train would be late. 4. She said she would come by seven o’clock. 5. We expected it would be warm. 6. I heard he would give a party next Saturday. 7. She said she would call you. 8. We knew you wouldn’t come to our place. 9. I hoped I would soon be able to drive a car. 10. He said he would go to Canada. 11. They gathered that she would move to New York.
1. Эти поющие мужчины
Твои братья? 2. На завтрак я ел варёные яйца. 3. Кто
Эта девушка, сидящая за соседним столиком? 4. Они фотографировали гостей, приглашённых на мероприятия в Белый Дом. 5. Кто эти танцующие люди? 6. Он сидел на пляже, покрытом водорослями. 7. Эта улыбающаяся девушка 8. Они смотрели на здание, построенное по проекту этого архитектора. 9. Видите того высокого мужчину, стоящего у двери? 10. Ты читал её роман, опубликованный в 2012 году? 11. Несколько групп немцев посетили музей.
1. Who are those students sitting at the next table? 2. He was looking at the building designed by this architect. 3. Can you see those children standing by the door? 4. They had boiled potatoes for supper. 5. Is that singing man your friend? 6. Have you read his novel published in 2011? 7. Is that smiling girl your daughter? 8. They sat on the beach covered with seaweed. 9. There were several parties of Italians visiting the museum. 10. She took pictures of the guests invited to White House events. 11. Who are those dancing people?
1. Работать в саду для неё самое большое удовольствие. (Работа в саду для неё самое большое удовольствие.) 2. После того как он заплатил за кофе, у него ещё осталось 5 долларов. 3. Мы поблагодарали их за то, что они навестили нас. 4. Они говорят, что поедут в отпуск в Испанию. 5. Перед тем как лечь спать, он обычно выпивает стакан горячего молока. 6. Сейчас самое лучшее время, чтобы собирать груши. (Сейчас самое лучшее время для сбора груш.) 7. Она хочет попрактиковаться в японском языке. 8. Вы располнели оттого, что едите слишком много мяса. 9. Я хочу поздравить вас с тем, что вы сдали экзамен по математике. 10. Они сидят дома, вместо того чтобы идти на работу. 11. Он думает жениться.
1. They thanked her for coming to see them. 2. Now is the best time for picking strawberry.
3. We want to practice speaking Korean. 4. You got fat from eating too much meat. 5. She is thinking of getting married. 6. Working in the garden is their greatest pleasure. 7. After paying for the tea, he still has $ 4 left over. 8. She normally has a cup of hot milk before going to bed. 9. They are talking of going to Italy on their vacation. 10. He is staying at home instead of going to work. 11. I want to congratulate you on passing your driving test.
1. Этот стол сделан из дерева. 2. Сегодня магазин закрыт. 3. Что здесь написано?
4. Велосипед продали за 50 долларов. 5. Им предложили работу. 6. Журнал уже принесли? 7. Озёра покрыты льдом. 8. Это место занято? 9. Она не могла закончить свою речь, потому что её всё время перебивали. 10. Его уволят. 11. Вас оштрафовали на 200 долларов? 12. Не садись: этот стул только что покрасили.
1. The lake is covered with ice. 2. I couldn’t finish my speech because I was being interrupted all the time. 3. Are these seats occupied? 4. The school is shut today. 5. The car was sold for $ 800. 6. Were you offered a job? 7. These tables are made of wood. 8. Don’t sit down: this chair has just been painted. 9. Have today’s newspapers been delivered? 10. He was fined $ 300. 11. What is written here? 12. They won’t be dismissed.
1. Если вы попросите его спеть, он скажет: «Нет». 2. Если я буду богатым человеком, я буду ездить зимой в тёплые места. 3. Если они спросят меня, я скажу: «Да». 4. Если он постарается, он сдаст экзамены. 5. Если вы полетите на самолёте, это будет быстрее, чем ехать на поезде. 6. Если я выиграю 1000 долларов, я возьму длительный отпуск. 7. Если будет холодно, они не поедут на море.
1. If you asked him to sing, he would say “no.” 2. If I were a rich man, I would go to warm places in the winter. 3. If they asked me, I would say “yes.” 4. If he made an effort, he would pass his exams. 5. If you went by air, it would be quicker than taking the train. 6. If I won $ 1,000, I would take a long vacation. 7. If it were cold, they wouldn’t go to the seaside.
1. If you had asked him to sing, he would have said “no.” 2. If I had been a rich man, I would have gone to warm places in the winter. 3. If they had asked me, I would have said “yes.” 4. If he had made an effort, he would have passed his exams. 5. If you had gone by air, it would have been quicker than taking the train. 6. If I had won $ 1,000, I would have taken a long vacation. 7. If it had been cold, they wouldn’t have gone to the seaside.
1. Если бы вы попросили его спеть, он бы сказал: «Нет». (сейчас) Если бы вы попросили его спеть, он бы сказал: «Нет». (раньше) 2. Если бы я выиграл 10 000 долларов, я бы купил тебе машину. (сейчас) Если бы я выиграл 10 000 долларов, я бы купил тебе машину. (раньше) 3. Если бы была хорошая погода, мы бы покатались на лыжах. (раньше) Если бы была хорошая погода, мы бы покатались на лыжах. (сейчас) 4. Если бы он был художником, он бы рисовал её каждый день. (сейчас) Если бы он был художником, он бы рисовал её каждый день. (раньше) 5. Если бы я сдавал этот экзамен, я бы его сдал. (раньше) Если бы я сдавал этот экзамен, я бы его сдал. (сейчас) 6. Если бы она пришла к нему на день рождения, он был бы счастлив. (сейчас) Если бы она пришла к нему на день рождения, он был бы счастлив. (раньше) 7. Если бы я был богатым человеком, я бы ездил зимой в тёплые места. (раньше) Если бы я был богатым человеком, я бы ездил зимой в тёплые места. (сейчас)
1. If you ask him to sing, he will say “no.” 2. If I took this exam, I would pass it. 3. If the weather had been good, we would have gone skiing. 4. If I have $ 10,000, I will buy you a car. 5. If it weren’t cold, they would go to the seaside. 6. If she had come to his birthday party, he would have been happy. 7. If I were an artist, I would paint her every day.
1. They are rooms. 2. These are chairs. 3. Those are houses. 4. They are pens. 5. These are books. 6. Those are dictionaries. 7. They are flowers.
1. It is a notebook. 2. This is a pencil. 3. That is a rose. 4. It is a cap. 5. This is an apple.
6. That is a car. 7. It is a suit.
This book, that table, these pencils, that bag, this letter, those chairs, this dictionary, that window.
Возможные варианты предложений:
1. Whose notebook is it? 2. Whose pencils are they? 3. Whose letter is this? 4. Whose dictionary is that? 5. Whose dog is it? 6. Whose textbooks are these? 7. Whose house is that? 8. Whose cap is this? 9. Whose flowers are those?
1. She 2. You 3. me 4. him 5. you 6. her 7. I 8. us 9. it 10. them
1. my 2. mine 3. our 4. ours 5. its 6. your 7. yours 8. her 9. hers 10. their 11. theirs 12. his
Возможные варианты мини-диалогов.
— It is a girl.
— This is a house.
— That is John.
— It is a dog.
— It is a rose.
— That is Jim.
— What is he?
— He is a businessman.
— It is a pen.
— This is Georgia.
— What is she?
— She is an engineer.
— It is a man.
Возможные варианты мини-диалогов.
— They are men.
— These are dictionaries.
— Those are Alla and Tamara.
— They are notebooks.
— They are dogs.
— Those are pencils.
— They are Stas and Oleg.
1. What book is she reading? 2. What movie is he watching? 3. What country is this?
4. What is her phone number? 5. What play did they see? 6. What is the weather today?
7. What is the climate in Alaska?
1. Which do you like better, milk or yogurt? 2. Which is worse, cold or heat? 3. Which is more interesting, traveling by car or by ship? 4. Which overcoat should I wear? 5. Which magazines do you read? 6. Which way did he go? 7. Which is your car? 8. In which hand does she hold a pencil? 9. Which of you is older? 10. Which boy is your brother? 11. Which of you girls wants to help with the dishes? 12. Which scarf do you want?
1. Who knows Jim? 2. Who does Jim know? 3. Who lives here? 4. Who does Jack see?
1. Who is he dancing with? 2. Who are they talking about? 3. Who is she looking at?
4. Who is this telegram for? 5. Who do you play hockey with? 6. Who is this letter from?
7. Who is she speaking to? 8. Who are you thinking about?
1. What did she say? 2. What hurts? 3. What are they doing? 4. What makes her think so?
5. What do you see there? 6. What are they reading? 7. What happened to them?
1. What is she listening to? 2. What are you thinking about? 3. What is he painting the door for? 4. What are they busy with? 5. What are you laughing at? 6. What does he need that for? 7. What do they usually speak about?
1. What happened? 2. Who knows French? 3. How many students passed geography? 4. When does he usually get up? 5. Whose car is this? 6. Who wants tea? 7. Where does she live? 8. How do you feel? 9. Whose brother plays basketball? 10. Who made these cookies? 11. Why did they fail their driving test? 12. What month comes after April? 13. How many books does he have? 14. What will make you happier? 15. Who can help them? 16. Who do you like?
1. One learns from one’s mistakes. 2. Give me, please, the rose. — Which one? 3. One must observe the rules. 4. Show me, please, the dress. — This one? — Yes, this one. 5. One can’t afiord a long vacation these days. 6. How much does the book cost? — That one? — Yes, that one. 7. Give me, please, the scarf. — Which one?
1. Вопрос-просьба. 2. Чисто информационный вопрос. 3. Чисто информационный вопрос. 4. Вопрос-просьба. 5. Чисто информационный вопрос. 6. Вопрос-просьба.
7. Вопрос-просьба. 8. Чисто информационный вопрос.
Two, nine, twelve, forty-one, one hundred eighty-three, five hundred sixty-seven, one thousand three hundred ninety-four, twenty-five thousand sixteen, seven hundred eleven thousand four hundred eighty-nine, one million two hundred seventy-three thousand six hundred twenty.
First, fifteenth, twenty-second, seventy-third, two hundred forty-fifth, five thousandth, six millionth.
Two hundred houses, hundreds of friends, five thousand rubles, thousands of teachers, four million dollars, millions of people, ten thousand trees.
1. They live in London. 2. Let’s meet at the metro. 3. The birds were flying above the sea.
4. There is a library between her house and mine. 5. We’ll be back in 3 hours. 6. The museum is open from 9 to 5. 7. I walked around the town. 8. Most of the work was done by them. 9. There were 5 people in front of us in the line. 10. They were sitting under a palm tree. 11. Washington is the capital of the USA. 12. Until tomorrow! 13. The tree was blown down by the wind. 14. He writes with a pencil. 15. I have been working here since 7 o’clock.
I. This is Bob and that is Jim. 2. Does she have any brothers or sisters? 3. When he was young, he was living in St. Petersburg. 4. While she was washing the dishes, he was watching basketball. 5. Before you sit down, can you pass me the salt? 6. Call me after you arrive in New York. 7. Since I got home, it has snowed every day. 8. Wait until they come. 9. To get there you need to go to ‘Sokol’ metro station. 10. If the weather is good, we’ll go to the dacha.
«Уникальный курс английской звучащей речи» + CD, М.: Эксмо, 2012, 2013.
1 Подробнее об английском ударении и английской интонации см. Н. Б.Караванова «Уникальный курс английской звучащей речи» + CD, М.: Эксмо, 2012, 2013.
 В американском варианте произношения буква О В закрытом положении под ударением читается как [а:], например: not [na:t], hot [ha:t], stop [sta:p], John [^a:n], Tom [ta:m].
 В американском варианте произношения звуку [а:] соответствует звук [ж] (например: last [l^st], dance [d^ns]), за исключением тех случаев, когда после буквы А Следует буква R (например: far, art). В этой позиции в американском варианте произношения буква А Также читается как [а:], однако в конце звучания добавляется краткий звук [r]: far [fa:r], art [a:rt].
Sh = [/]: fish
У = [j] перед гласным звуком: yet, yard
Читайте английские слова вслед за диктором. Запоминайте.
Yes — да
Yard — двор
Yellow [‘jelsu] — жёлтый
Читайте английские слова вслед за диктором. Запоминайте.
1. [d] 2. 
Then — потом thin — тонкий
This [dis] — этот, эта, это thick
These [di:z] — эти three — три
That — тот, та, то
They — они
Together [ta’geda] — вместе
Читайте слова вслед за диктором. Запоминайте.
Look — взгляд book — книга good — хороший cook — повар zoo — зоопарк hook — крюк pool — лужа
Английский дифтонг [au] похож на произношение сочетания русских звуков [a] + [у] в слове Сауна. Но нельзя заменять этот английский звук последовательным произношением русских звуков [а] и [у]. Для английского звука характерно слитное произношение обоих компонентов.
Слушайте и повторяйте. Следите за правильным произношением звука [аи]. [hau, taun, паи, haus, raund, a’baut]
Повторяйте за диктором, следите за позиционной долготой дифтонга.
[hau — haund — haus, dau — daun — daut, kau — taun — taut]
Звук [з:]. Комбинация звуков [w3:]
Этот звук очень специфичен. Он представляет собой нечто среднее между русскими [э] и [о]. При произношении этого звука губы напряжены и слегка растянуты, но не выпячены, рот слегка приоткрыт, язык занимает плоское положение.
Слушайте и повторяйте. Следите за правильным произношением звука [з:].
1. [з: — з:к — кз: — кз:к]
2. [f3:m, кз:1, пз:у, v3:b, Кз:, дз:1, b3:d, 03:d]
 В американском варианте произношения звук [з:] произносится как [зг] ([з:] с при звуком [r] в конце звучания:): her [h3r], bird [b3rd], turn [t3rn].
 Знак / (косая черта) означает паузу.
Данное упражнение рекомендуется выполнять после прочтения диалогов и текстов.
Apples are 30 rubles a kilogram. — Яблоки стоят 30 рублей килограмм.
Tomatoes are $ 1 a pound. — Помидоры стоят доллар за фунт.
 Handsome — красивый. Слово Handsome обычно употребляется по отношению к мужчинам и не употребляется по отношению к женщинам и детям.
 Pretty — красивый. Слово Pretty употребляется по отношению к женщинам и неодушевлённым предметам и никогда не употребляется по отношению к мужчинам.
 В американском варианте английского языка словом Football называют американский футбол. Русскому же слову Футбол в американском варианте английского языка соответствует слово Soccer.
Слово Billion, а в британском варианте — слово Milliard.
[XXXV] was working You were working
БЕЛАЯ ДИЕТА, ИЛИ ЧТО НУЖНО ЕСТЬ ПОСЛЕ ОТБЕЛИВАНИЯ ЗУБОВ? Благодаря возможностям современной эстетической стоматологии мечта…
ЧТО ТАКОЕ ЯЗВЫ ВО РТУ? СИМПТОМЫ, ПРИЧИНЫ И ЛЕЧЕНИЕ. Незначительные ранки во рту - это неприятный…
ПОЧЕМУ БЫ ВАМ НЕ ОТБЕЛИТЬ ЗУБЫ ПИЩЕВОЙ СОДОЙ? ФАКТЫ И МИФЫ О ДОМАШНЕМ ОТБЕЛИВАНИИ ЗУБОВ! Сон…